Thursday, September 8, 2011

Homemade Sausage McMuffin with Egg

I mentioned in my last post it was my hubby's birthday...well for every one his birthdays and for father's day I make him his absolute favorite breakfast.... which is homemade Sausage McMuffin with Egg.  I used to stop by McDonald's but then I decided making them at home well....
1st they would taste better
2nd  they be a lot cheaper.

Here is my little recipe!

1 package of Farmer John's sausage patties
1 package of English muffins
American cheese slices....or whatever kind of cheese you want to use
Salt and Pepper to taste
A few Ice cubes
A few Mason Quart Jar Lids or egg rings....I have heard of using tuna cans with the top and bottom taken off.
Breakfast-sausage_original-sausage-patties_low-fat-12oz



Pat out the patties a little thinner to match the size of the English muffin, and cook according to package.

Now with the eggs, use a non-stick skillet.  Either melt butter in the skillet or spray pam which ever you prefer.  Your burner should be on medium heat and place the quart jar lids (or whatever you are using) in the skillet I can cook 3 eggs at a time in my skillet.   Then crack 1 egg into each lid and salt and pepper the eggs at this point.  Now place 1 or 2 ice cubes in the skillet and put a lid on top of the skillet.  When the ice cubes have melted and the water is bubbling you can turn off the burner.  It should take 3-5 minutes for the eggs to cook.

Toast the English muffins and butter them.

Take the eggs out of the rings (you may have to use a butter knife or a fork to pry the egg out.)

Now you can make your sausage egg mcmffin!

 Here's how I layer it:
English muffin bottom
half a slice of cheese
sausage
egg
half slice of cheese
English muffin top

Now enjoy!!




No comments:

Post a Comment