Saturday, May 11, 2013

Best Ever Creamed Corn Recipe!!

My family has been making Lawry's creamed corn recipe for years!  My parents went to the restaurant one time and had this amazing creamed corn.  After tasting this wonderful stuff they asked the waiter if they could have the recipe.  The waiter said yes, and brought then a whole booklet of recipes which of course the creamed corn was one of them.  Every time I make this for someone they also insist I give them the recipe.  I think it's time to share it with you.  I promise you won't be disappointed!!


Creamed Corn:

1½ tablespoons butter
1½ tablespoons flour
½ teaspoon salt
1½ cups whipping cream
2 tablespoons sugar
3 cups fresh, frozen or canned whole kernel corn

Melt butter in heavy saucepan; add flour and salt, stirring to blend. Slowly add whipping
cream, stirring constantly until thickened. Add sugar and corn, heat. For Au Gratin, place
corn in a 9 or 10 inch shallow casserole dish; sprinkle with ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan
cheese and brown under broiler.

Makes 4 to 6 servings.

 I have found using Costco's organic frozen corn is the best corn to use.  It's really sweet and delicious corn!


No comments:

Post a Comment