Tuesday, November 29, 2011

KFC Biscuits

I had a craving for biscuits the other week.  My Only problem is I have never been able to make good fluffy flaky biscuits...I mean NEVER.  I went web surfing, trying to find the best recipe.  I found it!  It's the KFC recipe, the one that is on the actual KFC website. The only thing I did different is....I did half butter and have shortening, instead of all shortening.  They turned out sooo good!  They fluffed up just right, and the flavor was perfect!  You might want to cut down on the salt....I however do not because I love me some SALT!  And the next time I make them I'm going to try using buttermilk and see how that turns out.
Now go make yourself some yummy biscuits!






INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
2/3 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable shorteningINSTRUCTIONS
Preheat oven to 425ºF. Sift together flour, salt, sugar and baking powder into mixing bowl. Make a well in the flour mix and add the milk. Add shortening and begin kneading with hands (to cut in) the vegetable shortening and flour in the milk until thoroughly mixed. Add milk, if needed to form, and mix. Turn onto floured board, and knead gently 6 to 8 times. Pat dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut into biscuits. Place on baking sheet and brown in oven 10-13 minutes. Makes about 9 biscuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment